On one hand one may wonder how can that difference in earning by gender in soccer be justified by the quality of playing the game. On the other hand, it seems that most, if not all, well known tennis tournaments have the same winning prize money for men and women. If I were having the authority there, I would have made better justice my first priority. For example, I would not let how much it could be taken as suggesting men being better than women in that sport (even though the comparison is only top to top) make me hesitant to make that prize based on actual performance. That is because being just and fair is what I feel the calling for. Other than that, I am not the creator of the world and do not consider it may responsibility to replace reality with something else. I think that many people may not be applying sufficient attention to that line. Although, also to be just, I have always had the feeling that requirements are often unnecessarily reduced on women's versions of sport games and that takes away from women the capability of presenting themselves through the best medium possible for comparing their performances with men's, and having only three sets for women versus five for men in tennis often occurs to me as one of those things.
No comments:
Post a Comment